RJ Tide's Foremen provides the knowledge, skills and experience required to lead the day-to-day field operations of task order and/or commercial construction projects that RJ Tide undertakes. RJ Tide's foremen are responsible for leading production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard's set forth in the project's Superintendent; for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Moreover, RJ Tide's foremen are the forward face of RJ Tide and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The primary focus of RJ Tide's Foremen is to provide the leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means to manage the day-today issues of a small self-performed workforce under the direction of Superintendent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform most of the Craftsman 2 Essential Functions.
Ability to run a 3-4 man crew.
Has obtained ACI Certified Tech status
Has obtained ACI Certified Finisher status
Ability to create working schedule for workers.
Ability to set up GPS / total station for layout and work.
Qualified to run all equipment and preform minor maintenance work on them.
Ability to measure strength and weaknesses of workers.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Assign appropriate tasks to workers.
Ensure that work is always in good progress.
Keep Superintendent updated on project development.
Make sure that works are completed on or before deadlines.
Ensure that safety of workers is guaranteed at all times.
The foreman is expected to have the following skills and abilities in order to carryout his/her duties effectively:
Good time management skills.
Good human relations skills.
Good managerial skills.
Ability to act spontaneously.
Have a positive work attitude and disposition.
Ability to be versatile.
Ability to take decisions solely.
Ability to manage temper.
Pay attention to instructions.
Good communication skills.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively walks, climbs or moves objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., plus overtime as job conditions require. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e. Carpenter) AND no less than 2 years of progressive responsibility supervising construction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or institutional general contractor engaged in general building.
- A demonstrated understanding of concrete construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and sitework related thereto
- A working knowledge of general tools of the trade to perform task.
- The ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word.
- The ability to read and understand Blueprints Drawings.
Preferred Education and Experience
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e. Carpenter) AND no less than 3 years of progressive responsibility supervising construction.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or institutional general contractor engaged in general building and civil construction.
- A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and sitework related thereto
- The ability to read and understand Blueprints Drawings
- The ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 10, 1st Aid and CPR
- Current ACI Tech certification issued by American Concrete Institution.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. And must be able to pass our Auto insurance coverage Check.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
AS a condition of employment and in compliance with the law, each new employee must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification for (I-9) and present documents that established identity and employment eligibility. Documents established identify of eligibility are listed on form I-9.
RJ Tide Construction does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other charactistic protected by law except for restriction due to bona fide occupational requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.